I blew off the gym today and instead went to see a play with my hubby (OK, so he went to the gym but I didn’t). We saw the Roundabout Theater production of The Common Pursuit by Simon Gray. It was not as good as it could have been.
Unfortunately, the cast was uneven– the main two characters didn’t carry off their respective roles while the supporting characters did pretty well. It may not have been their fault however, it was still a pretty talky play.
So after a few days of visiting family and throwing toys for the dog to fetch, I’m ready to start exercising again. I tried the Tabura class at Crunch gym yesterday morning and found it fairly good. The official description off the Crunch gym site is:
- Tabura is a Swahili name for training used in improving military endurance and strength in Africa. This intensely fun class uses kickboxing combinations and basic West African dance moves set to hot Tribal House music and a live drummer. Get ready to burn massive calories and become a true powerhouse warrior.
I had to stop a number of times because my knees were unhappy [they’d been unhappy all week so I wasn’t surprised] but overall, the class went well and I didn’t give up. After admitting that I hadn’t eaten breakfast, the instructor made me do an additional 10 push ups…. something to remember in the future.
I should begin kickboxing training again on Monday in Manhattan.
It appears that I may have torn a tendon in my pinkie. I may have to postpone any kickboxing training for a bit….. Wish me luck!
Yes! I’m back!!!! It’s been a few months since I updated this site and I am in the process of revamping it. To bring you up to speed….over the past 6 months, we’ve been to:
- the Galapagos Islands and Quito, Ecuador
- Lima, Cuzco and Machu Picchu, Peru
- Phoenix, AZ [notable because I took a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon, which was great!]
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Rio, Brazil
- Buenos Aires and Ushuaia, Argentina
- Monte Video, Uruguay
- Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt and Santiago, Chile
- Madeira, Spain
- Lisbon, Portugal
- The Canary Islands [Tenerife and Arrecife]
- London, England
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
All of it was simply amazing– we enjoyed ourselves tremendously!